Role: ERP SysAdmin/Oracle Support Representative
Location: Bangalore – India
Work Timings: 5:30 AM – 2:30 PM (US Evening Shift)
This position will be responsible to provide effective IT Software application support, troubleshooting, usage support
and assistance to internal business partners across all areas related to the West Michigan ERP systems. These
solutions are primarily focused on manufacturing, finance and the entire spectrum of the order to cash process. The
ERP and Oracle System Administrator will be responsible for owning the application support request queues in the
service management / incident management system as well as the alert queues in the batch job management
systems. He/she will also need to be able to provide the required technical services to the end users and ensure
smooth functioning of the business applications by applying his/her technical knowledge and expertise to resolve
problems related directly to the application or its underlying platform / database and operating system. This role will
work as part of a larger system administration team that operates from other locations outside India as well and will
involve matrix reporting structure with a local team lead and manager as well as a remote technical lead to work
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Evaluate and resolve technical and usability problems with regards to applications within scope of role.
• Where resolution becomes difficult, escalate such work requests to specialist technology / functional teams
and resolve all complex application and system issues.
• Set up new users with necessary system access and update the access of existing users when requested
• Proactively monitor system and integration statuses on a daily basis with a provided list of ad hoc reports
• Monitor, acknowledge, update and close incident requests in the Service Management tool or any other
software designated to manage the work requests being assigned.
• Ensure he/she is updated with the latest tools and technology skills, knowledge and practical experience so
as to deliver best customer satisfaction through speedy and quality resolution of requests.
• Maintain work logs, update incidents and requests with appropriate information and own the request until
• Adhere to all support system process without deviation and keep the internal teams updated about
escalations, threshold breaches, SLA violations or possible breach scenarios, technical or procedural
• For complex or unique issue resolution scenarios perform root cause analysis.
• Provide feedback to software development and other service desk / help desk teams on issues faced and
what corrective action can be taken to avoid such instances in future where possible.
• Maintain good professional relationships with counterparts across the organization.
• Participate in solution roll-outs, upgrades and training sessions for end-users as well as participate in
trainings to learn new tools, products and technologies.
• Attend weekly, monthly and adhoc IT and generic team meetings as necessary and complete and submit
necessary documentation, activity reports and causal analysis documents.
• The candidate will be expected to work on / support more than one business application
• The candidate will be expected to learn about and understand the product offerings (furniture) of Herman
Miller to be able to support the business better.